Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Coca Cola Roast

It's been a while since I talked about cooking on this blog, huh? That's because I finished my second recipe book, and I never actually bothered to move on to another book. My wife recently said she wants to have slow cooker meals, now that it's fall. So I pulled out a book of slow cooker recipes, and hey, now I've got a new cookbook to go through.

This time, I was smart and marked down the recipes I want to try ahead of time, that way I won't lose my place and forget.

The first recipe I tried was Coca Cola Roast, although you can use a different kind of soda. You put a 3 pound beef roast into the slow cooker, sprinkle it with an envelope of dry onion soup mix, then drown the whole thing with 24 ounces of Coca Cola. Cook on low for 7-8 hours.



The roast ended up being bland. You can't really taste the soda or the soup mix. It tastes like it was a normal roast, cooked in water. Nothing fancy, and needs gravy. I would not make it again.

No comments: