Thursday, July 13, 2017

Three Things Thursday

1. Two people were flying drones in the sky, during the local Fourth of July fireworks. What a jerk move! "Let me fly a lighted drone all around, to distract everyone from the show!"

2. What's with all the reviews of Wonder Woman that say it's the first action movie with a female lead? Did those reviewers not watch the last two Star Wars movies? I didn't see the last one, but I did see The Force Awakens, and it was all about a woman with superpowers saving the world. I'd say the Jedi are superheroes, if you use a loose definition of "superhero".

3. I'm not entirely sure, but I think the Bernie Sanders people have me on file as a potential political candidate, in the next set of elections. I highly doubt that they'll ask me to run for office, though. I've posted too many silly things on this blog and YouTube; I can just imagine the attack ads, featuring my goofy dance moves. Plus, I'm a pro-life Democrat, and we tend to be unpopular with Democrats in general. Maybe I could run as a family values candidate? I have a family. That makes me pro-family values, right?

More realistically, though, they'll pick someone from Portland. Those people are way more invested in politics than I am. My interest in politics is mostly limited to writing Cat President: A More Purrfect Union. In my defense, I had a baby shortly after the 2016 election! It's hard to get the free time to focus on politics, when you're changing diapers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There was a drone at each of our local fireworks, but it wasn't distracting. The drone was always over the fireworks, not around people... A lot of us at first just thought the light was just one from a cell phone tower, but when we realized it was a drone we actually thought it pretty neat. Imagine the video that person got of the fireworks!