I got several questions posted as a comment to one of my posts. Let me answer them rapid-fire.
1. How did you discover that some ND puzzles and story lines are optional?
Some of them, I was deliberately looking to see what could be skipped, for speedrun purposes. Others, I skipped accidentally, and I didn't discover they were a thing until I replayed the games.
2. How did you find out Lani Minella disliked some of the ND puzzles when she played the games?
Phoenix, one of the Nancy Drew interns who talked to Lani Minella, told me so. I have never talked to Lani, either directly or indirectly.
3. How many times have you played each and every ND game?
Five times each, I'd say. More like twenty, with the ones I've done speedruns for.
4. Which ND game do you think you have played the most times?
Message in a Haunted Mansion. It's short, so that's ideal for speedrunning.
5. Who is your favorite ND character?
Let's go with Nancy, this time around.
6. Who is your least fav ND character?
Whoever gives you a ton of chores.
7. After your first game was Haunted Carousel, which was the very next game you played?
8. If you could only play one ND game ever again, which one would it be?
Right now, The Final Scene is a game I want to revisit.
8. What is your favorite part of being a father?
I like watching Rosie develop and learn new skills.
9. What is Mary's favorite part of being a big sister?
She likes playing with the baby.