Sunday, July 9, 2017

Nancy Drew: Curse of Blackmoor Manor in Russian

Here is a livestream of me playing Nancy Drew: Curse of Blackmoor Manor, in Russian!



The most interesting difference is that LouLou, the female parrot, is now Lori, the elderly male parrot. Lori's word association game was turned into a "enter the famous person's last name challenge". I think Ethel is less scary in Russian, while Linda is more scary, as she does angry wolf-breathing. Playing Bul against Jane is easier, as she is a way less aggressive player.

Also, you see the pieces of paper that Nigel uses for his memoirs. I'm pretty sure that's not in the English version. I mentioned the lack of memoir-papers in the "Everything Wrong With" for that game, right?

I'm pretty sure that there's a time difference between the English and Russian versions of the game. Speedrunners will have to figure out which version is faster! The main time difference will probably be Nancy's dialogue. If she talks faster in Russian, then speedrunning in Russian will be ideal.

I'm hoping to turn this into a 2017 Foreign Nancy Drew Games Marathon! I have no idea what the official name for the marathon should be, though,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you could call the series: Parlez-Vous Nancy Drew?

I could never get through the word challenges in a language like russian, good job!