Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Life Overview

I mentioned high school yesterday. Hard to imagine that I'm twice as old as I was when I first entered high school!

I have a hard time remembering high school, without cringing. I was pretty awkward and made stupid mistakes a lot. I also wrote awful poetry, fought with my parents, and occasionally hated everyone. I started doing videogame walkthroughs in high school, though, so it's not a complete loss. And I was President of the English Club for a semester, until the club was cancelled due to lack of interest!

It sounds awful when I put it that way, but I got a neat t-shirt and theme song out of it.

College was a lot like high school, with all the bad parts amped up, because nobody had any parents to keep them in check. Seriously, everyone behaved like idiots without any self-control. I hated most of college and high school. If I could go back, I'd probably change colleges. Or at least, have a different major. Go into business or computers, something which pays better than ancient languages. But college is when I started my YouTube channel! I saw it as a natural extension of videogame walkthroughs.

The other major periods of my life since then have been "Michael has no idea what he's doing with his life", "Michael is studying to become a Catholic priest", "Michael has no idea what he's doing with his life, Part Two" and now I'm on "married with kids". When I read some old posts from this blog, it feels like I'm reading something that was written by a totally different person!

1 comment:

Stripes said...

"Michael has no idea what he's doing with his life" sounds like mine, lol.