Friday, July 28, 2017

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance: Nuzlocke

My walkthrough this week will be the first half of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. That's the GameCube Fire Emblem game.



I did the game with a Nuzlocke challenge, which I adapted from Pokémon. Here are the rules.

1. You can only get one new character per chapter. If there are multiple characters in a chapter, you get the first one who talks, and you kill all the rest. This makes the game extremely different! For one thing, the game likes to give you new characters in groups of two to six. So your party will be much smaller than normal.

I ended up getting several characters I rarely use (Tomrod, Devdan), and missing out on characters I regularly use (Marcia, Reyson). It ended up being the case that there were no archers in the Nuzlocke party.

2. No resets. If a character dies in battle, you can't restart the battle and try again. This rule is designed to avoid cheating, and it caused much suffering whenever a good or useful character died unexpectedly.

3. You can never have more than the maximum number of characters. Each battle has a character limit, and you can never go above it. This didn't end up being a problem for me, since I had too many deaths.

No comments: