Thursday, June 15, 2017

Terminator Genysis: Future War

I've recently been playing Terminator Genysis: Future War. It's made by the same people who made Vikings: War of Clans, and not to be mean, but it's basically the same as that game, but with different graphics.

I was hoping for a story of some sort, something to continue where the movie left off. The movie was intended to be the first in a trilogy, with the second movie coming out this month. Clearly, that didn't happen. I'm okay with the story being continued via videogames! But sadly, there's no story to the game. You're a commander in charge of a base, in the futuristic "humans vs robots" war.

There are a few dozen buildings at your base, which do different things. One increases experience, one increases the base's defense, one trains soldiers, and the majority of them produce materials. There are five types of materials, and you need materials to upgrade buildings. I'm at the point where I log onto the game each morning, select a building to upgrade, and get told it will be 6 hours to finish. I say, "Cool." Then I log in the next day and do the same thing.

There's also a fighting component, where you can build up and army and fight other players. You can join clans and get into battles at resource locations. I basically ignore all that, except when I pick what building to upgrade, I also send my commander off to fight the nearest robot, for some easy EXP.

I plan to keep playing the game, to the point where either it takes too long to upgrade without spending money, or people fight me (and steal my resources) so often, I can't upgrade.

No comments: