Wednesday, June 21, 2017

E3

E3 2017 was last week! A lot of videogame companies showed off the games they're making. I'm sure it was cool, although it doesn't really affect me all that much, since I only have a 3DS myself. I'll probably get the new Metroid 3DS game, and that's it.

To be honest, I got sick of E3 after the first day. Normal people have reactions like, "Oh, it's a new Mario game! Cool!". But all I saw was, "Oh, it's a new Mario game! Cool, I can use it to insult my political opponents!". Guys! Please don't bring politics into a videogame show! There's no need to make jokes about Mario's feelings on healthcare, or why Sonic the Hedgehog is better than President Trump. No need! Just show us the games!

The worst was the new Wolfstein game. I am unfamiliar with the series, but apparently, it's about shooting Nazis. This led to about a gajillion memes, with both Republicans and Democrats calling each other Nazis. So they both ended up coming across as angry and spiteful jerks, and I stopped paying attention to E3.

No comments: