Saturday, May 6, 2017

Being a Parent

I was going to write more about President Trump's tax plan, but I'm pretty angry and frustrated with politics right now. Too many news reports from people who a) are clearly biased and b) don't know much about the topic they're discussing. So I'll do something different! Here's a comment I got on my blog:

What surprises you most about being a parent?
What surprised you most about Rosie?
What brings you the most joy about Rosie?
What is the most difficult part?

1. What surprises me most about being a parent is the way other adults treat you. Other parents will treat you differently, if you're a parent. I got a little bit of that, when I became a stepfather, but when I became a biological father, it was a huge change. It's like I'm a cool kid, a member of the exclusive adult club, someone who gets to sit at the adult table on Thanksgiving.

2. Rosie's eyes surprise me the most, to be honest. I don't know who she got them from.

3. The most joyful thing about Rosie is her smiles. She is very social and quick to give smiles. She only did a little bit earlier, but now she does it all the time. It's great!

4. The most difficult thing about raising Rosie was this past Monday. I started being a full-time stay-at-home parent this week. If I can, I'll write a blog series about it. Maybe? I don't have free time to write much, anymore. Maybe a vlog series would be more appropriate. Anyway, Monday was my first day on the job, and it was the worst, because Rosie now has to get used to drinking from a bottle full time. The entire day was this, repeated on endless loop:

Rosie: I'm hungry! Feed me! Waaaaah!
Me: Here's some food.
Rosie: Bottle food? Ew! No thanks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Many couples look forward to being parents, but newborns cause stress, sleeplessness and anxiety.

Has your relationship with Katie changed since Rosie?
Strengthened or caused rifts?

OneHundredPercentAus said...

Just wait until she gets to the point of eating solids...she'll be channeling Riley from Inside Out sooner or later. :P