Sunday, January 8, 2017

Deception Island Problems

I'm still compiling the list of problems with Nancy Drew: Danger on Deception Island. As usual, there are some things which I'm not sure should be included on the list or not. Check them out!

1. Nancy doesn't notice the card until all the pipes are in place, meaning she solved the puzzle without looking down once.
2. Katie keeps ice cream in her fridge.
3. Katie makes a special note of Benjamin Hawkins on her calendar. People don't use calendars for research notes.
4. How does Katie have enough time to be a full-time marine biologist and tour guide?
5. Andy's head is too small for his neck.
6. When the eye on Nancy's punch card appears or disappears, it has the same sound effect as Nancy picking up an item from her inventory. That confused me a lot, the first time I played this game.
7. The rock-skipping puzzle reuses the control scheme from the squid toss puzzle in the last game.
8. If you enter the tunnels through the lighthouse, you can't go out the exit that leads to the rest of the town. So how did the culprits use these tunnels to rob stores?
9. How do they move the whale from inside the ship to outside the ship? Does the ship have a retractable bottom?
10. Nancy put it in a lot of work to find the culprits, but Katie came across them by pure chance. Just think. Nancy could have spent the whole day napping on Katie's boat, and the outcome would have been the same.
11. Culprit goes out of their way to keep Katie alive, but they try to kill Nancy as soon as possible.

Let me know which ones you think I should keep or get rid of. Or help me reword them, so they make more sense!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you look at the fridge there is a bottom compartment that seems to be a freezer so the ice cream argument might be invalid

Anonymous said...

I didnt understand why Benjamin Hawkins was written there, either

I never noticed the punch card, but I am more visual than audial. If you put it in, it would be nice if you showed the clip and sound effect.

I dont mind them reusing the rock skip puzzle, they did that with other puzzles and even environments.

Thats a good point about the orca. Also why was the culprit angry that katie convinced the town hall that all boats had to stay far away from the orca. Wouldnt they have preferred the secrecy?

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure how this is activated, but it's a problem I've come across multiple times while playing that game. There's a game breaking glitch where the ice chest in Katie's boat never melts, so you never learn that Katie's feeding the fish which leads to the game's third act, because you've already done all the puzzles and conversations that can be done up to that point.

Trisha Gaurav said...

Also, if you try go to the lighthouse again after a few minutes, Holt shows up *again*. How does Holt get from the restaurant to the lighthouse so quickly?

The Red Wolf said...

I just watched the video. My favorite problem with the game was the three person line-up. LOL I couldn't believe they re-used those characters! Thanks for pointing it out.

OneHundredPercentAus said...

Hah, I can't wait for you to do the others! Would LOVE to see you do Secret of the Old Clock...all that for a freaking horse?!