Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Nancy Drew Speedrun Notes

When I did the 2014 Nancy Drew Games Mega Marathon, I prepared by making notes of how to get through the games and solve the puzzles.

Occasionally, I went back to the notes afterwards and turned them into basic speedrun outlines. Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake is a good example; all I did was sort the list of things to do in semi-ideal order. (More on that tomorrow!) My plan was to eventually go back to the notes later and shore them up into a solid speedrun strategy.

In August 2015, I put all those notes online, at the request of gavinscousin. Gavinscousin is one of the three moderators of the Nancy Drew series at speedrun.com. Since then, some of my notes have been used for speedruns and developed into more complete outlines. I'm glad that I was able to help in some way!

No comments: