Monday, September 26, 2016

Presidential Debate

Tonight is the big Presidential debate between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump! My wife says she's not going to bother to watch it, since it'll be nothing but the two of them insulting each other, instead of going over policy details. That prompted me to write this tweet:



Political analysts agree that the debate will not be very interesting, because the standards are ridiculously low. Hillary needs to be energetic, to combat the rumors of her dying of a mysterious illness. Trump needs to be calm and collected, to combat the rumors that he's too emotionally unstable to be President. So the focus is all going to be on how they act, not what they say.

I'll probably watch the debate, but I'm not expecting much out of it. That's because in 2012, the Obama/Romney debates weren't very interesting, and they didn't seem to make a difference in the election. With my circle of friends, all the debates did was provide fodder for "binders full of women" jokes, because we all decided who we're voting for, months ago.

3 comments:

LGelevator said...

Obama/Romney was 2012, not 2004.
But I agree that the debate response will likely be pretty bad. Also the debate itself.

Michael Gray said...

Doh! Fixed it now!

Elizabeth Riepenhoff said...

I was wondering something today after thinking about the debate. There was a point when Clinton said Trump doesn't pay his taxes, and his responses were "That makes me smart" and "It would have been squandered too, believe me." What does/can the IRS do when someone doesn't pay their taxes for so many years? And if he hasn't been somehow made to pay his taxes, why?