Monday, September 5, 2016

Cooking - Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms

My wife found a new stuffed mushrooms recipe that she wanted me to try.

1. Remove stems from the mushrooms and set them aside. (I don't know why you put them aside, because you're not going to do anything with them later.)

2. Make the filling. This is 8 oz softened cream cheese, 6 oz bacon bits, 1 bunch of sliced green onion, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, salt and pepper. I didn't have THAT many mushrooms, so I went with half of the cream cheese. Also, no green onion, because Mary would refuse to eat it. Also, I don't have garlic powder, so I used garlic salt in place of the garlic powder and salt.

3. Put the filling inside the mushroom caps. Back at 375 for 15 minutes.

I thought the recipe was okay, but the cream cheese was a little overpowering. Everyone agreed that it is too salty. The bacon makes it taste even saltier than it is. I might try this recipe again, but I think my family would prefer my cheesy microwave stuffed mushrooms.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

In a lot of stuffed mushroom recipes the stems are chopped up and added to the filling. Maybe the recipe instructions inadvertently omitted that information. The garlic salt was really your downfall, grab a jar of garlic powder.