Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Pokémon Go

I've been trying to play Pokémon Go, but I've been failing.

Problem #1 is that I don't have a good data plan on my phone. I need to use as much of the data as I can, for my job as a pizza delivery driver. So that means I can't play much, outside of my house or the library's free wifi.

The other problem is that I don't know how to play the game. I checked online guides, and they say "just walk around to find Pokémon". I need more information than that! Like, I see the leaves that are bouncing up on the map. Those have to indicate where Pokémon are, right? So I walk to those areas and nothing happens. I am literally standing on top of the bouncing leaves. No Pokémon anywhere. This game needs a tutorial.

Mary and I went to the library and caught a Pokémon there, as part of a library promotion. They had a "lure" on the building, so Pokémon were actually present. As a reward, we got a Pokémon card for Eevee. Mary picked it, because it looks like our dog, kinda.

On the way home, an eevee showed up in the game. I don't know how or why, since there were no bouncing leaves anywhere. It just kinda popped and auto-loaded the AR capture screen, without me having to tap anywhere. That allowed me to get this cool picture.

No comments: