Monday, August 22, 2016

IRS Job

The IRS has some full-time seasonal jobs. Their busy season is January to April, which doesn't quite match up with the baby's birth in December, but it's close enough, by jingo.

I applied to the job and took their online job simulation test thing. The test is designed so you can complete it, even if you know absolutely nothing about taxes. Still, it's a good thing I got certified in advanced tax law! Knowing about the Earned Income Credit ahead of time was a big help! I was able to know that the one person doesn't qualify for EIC, even without checking the specific rules for that credit.

I think the only thing I got wrong was mixing up Stanford with Stamford. I guess I have a west coast bias, when it comes to city names.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Hope you get a position!