Saturday, July 16, 2016

Time

It feels like I've been ignoring this blog lately, because I don't have enough time to write. I'm running out of time a lot, it seems. I also haven't been able to keep up with studying non-English languages and videogame work.

Maybe it's because it's summer, and I have to spend more time watching Mary. Maybe it's just bad time management on my part. Maybe it's because I keep screwing up whenever I do have free time, and I waste it on random stuff instead of work.

My current big timewaster is recording those games on the Wii. I really should stop trying to play games that are well over ten hours long. So I'm making an executive decision to NOT do a walkthrough for Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. First of all, because it's too darn long. Second of all, because there was a huge lack of interest in my Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess walkthrough. And third of all, Nintendo/YouTube's copyright detection system is pretty good at finding Zelda games, so I probably wouldn't make any money off of it.

Another big timesaver would be not doing speedruns for a while, because those are not very profitable, in terms of the time I put in VS the reasonable return I can expect. This puts me in kind of an awkward spot, because I had plans to do a speedrun year. Like, I was going to speedrun every new game I got this year. I've done three speedruns I haven't posted yet! Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of Wolfhill, Whispered Secrets: Everburning Candle and Mystery Tales: Her Own Eyes Meaning the two I need to finish are Living Legends: Bound By Wishes and Spirits of Mystery: Family Lies. Maybe I should just post the three speedruns I have done, and not bother with the other two.

Speedrunning Agatha Christie: And Then There Were None would be interesting, especially with how you can solve a lot of puzzles in any order. It'd also be infuriating, with its strange triggers and its copious "talk to everyone about everything in order to proceed" puzzles.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can imagine those speed runs take a lot of time to film but also just to figure out. Personally I like the everything wrong with (which you could also do for other games like Miss Clue), ND reviews, and ND book reviews.

I also like the agatha christie games. Maybe you could do an everything wrong with for those too. Have you ever done a walkthrough of the Hardy Boys Adventure game The Hidden Theft, that would be fun to watch!

I also think it would be fun if, in addition to the book reviews, you did reviews on the Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys movies from the 30s and TV shows from the 70s ( a lot shorter than reading a book!) maybe you could do one as a trial and see if people like them, I bet a lot of people would! Some guy named Denley Tommie has them posted on youtube.

Stripes said...

Your videos are always entertaining and funny, so none of them are a waste of time :) Also, it sounds like you do get enough done.

thea said...

I don't really know alot about the making of the types of videos but it seems that the speedruns take up alot because of the researching and testing of tricks and cheats on them. Just make reviews or everything wrong withs for the game and then if you want you can try the speedruns. Also focus on new games for people to watch. There is a trilogy of agatha christie games that people have been hounding you down to make but there is other games this company makes. "The Adventure Company" also makes games like "Return to Mysterious Island","The raven, the legacy of a master theif" and alot others that i think you would like to play. Just look up their company on google maybe..

Scarlett East said...

The ambiguous and language of the english slang accent is portrayed and displayed on the blog. The time is short for the information to read on the blog for superior writing in this aim of the success. It is entirely done for the fundamental parts of the established and insured. The moment of the blog for time is done and recommended.