...Those are an actual thing. The library had two of them, and they were both short story collections.
Let me read the summaries. It seems the stories have these plotlines...
- Lady marries a man she barely knows.
- Nurse falls in love with a patient
- Murder or Matrimony is a detective who is trying to find out the secrets of a woman's past. He falls in love with her along the way.
- Our hero is forced to work for a mean guy with an even meaner (and flirty) daughter. Can he escape them and marry the nice girl?
- Evil uncle wants to force our heroine to marry his business partner. Can she escape him and marry the nice guy?
- Our heroine's family wants her to move to Oregon with them, when she wants to move east.
- Man with amnesia is adopted by all-female family. Scandalous!
- Heroine needs to find her missing father in Oregon, so she teams up with a guy who's trying to save kids from evil adopted parents.
- Heroine has to cross-dress to help protect her friend and daughter.
- A tornado kills almost everyone except our heroine and several little girls.
- A woman looking for her lost son enlists the help of a woman-hater who slowly falls in love with her.
- A tragic death splits a family in half, and our heroine must decide which half to follow. Also, two hot guys want to marry her.
- Poor widow falls for a man who plans to do one last tour before retiring.
Okay! That's a lot of stories and ideas. Can I appropriate some of them for my videogame? Like, the mystery storyline. I wouldn't mind trying a mystery story. And the amnesia person is cliche, but it could be neat.
Obviously, I'd have to change the stories a little, otherwise that'd be plagiarism.