Thursday, July 21, 2016

Oregon Trail Genres

Another idea I had for my Oregon Trail game is to put it in different genres. Like, each pathway is a different genre! One is a mystery, one is science fiction...

...That's as far as I thought things out. What are other genres that could work, in the context of "people on the Oregon Trail?"? Let me check fanfiction.net...

Okay, adventure could work! Maybe horror. I really don't know what the definitions are for the spiritual and supernatural genres. Suspense could be a neat challenge? As for all the other genres, like "tragedy" and "friendship", those seem to normally fall under the general category of "romance".

1 comment:

Allison said...

Michael, you might enjoy the game Orion Trail - it's a Star Trek-inspired game based on Oregon Trail, and you evidently enjoy both of those things! :)