Saturday, June 4, 2016

Broccoli Casserole

The second recipe I tried out is broccoli casserole, by Dorothy Adcock. I liked it, but my family didn't. Just like yesterday's casserole, I was attracted to it, because of its unique ingredients.

Namely, a cup of salad dressing! Having ranch dressing IN a casserole? Sounds like it could be good! Mix that with a can of cream of mushroom soup, 1 and 1/2 cup of grated cheddar cheese, 2 well-beaten eggs, and a grated onion. You can add salt and pepper, if you want, and the recipe says you add a can of sliced waterchestnuts. I didn't even know those existed, so I didn't include them.

So, you cook two packages of frozen broccoli for five minutes, and drain them. Add the other stuff and bake it at 400 for 35 minutes. I liked the recipe, but my wife thought ranch dressing in a casserole is gross. I don't know why, because she usually loves it. I'm a bleu cheese man, myself.

3 comments:

Kevin Chittenden said...

Okay, I have a theory for which I would really like your opinion. In Nancy Drew: Ransom of the Seven Ships, there are only four actual characters that you can talk to. There is George, Lulu the parrot, Johnny Rolle the beach bum, and Bess who you find at the end of the game. There are also no phone contacts in this game either.
Now in the Nancy Drew series, the culprit is always someone who you can actually see and talk to. Obviously the kidnapper wasn’t George, Lulu couldn’t have done it, and of course Bess didn’t kidnap herself. So the conclusion is that the culprit is the beach bum because there is no one else in the game!
At some point Johnny tells you that there are other people on the island, but that is of course a lie! My point here is that it is possible to figure out who the culprit is within the first few minutes of playing the game! Please let me know if I’m making sense.

Anonymous said...

Kevin, you're totally making sense.

Anonymous said...

You do make sense, but... :p

In Danger by Design, even if Minette is involved, all of the culprits are not characters of the game. Indeed, the two real "villains" here are brothers (I don't remember their names) you never see but that you can just read about in the newspaper.

So I think they might be exceptions to this rule, but you are right in general. Never seeing the two other culprits in Danger by Design is something that really disappointed me in this game...