Monday, April 18, 2016

Recording iPad Footage

I'm trying to record iPad footage, so I can do a walkthrough for Nancy Drew: Codes and Clues when it comes out.

So I bought a Lightning HDMI Adaptor, something which connects the iPad to a TV. This works perfectly. Whatever is on the iPad screen shows up on the TV screen. The daughter loves this.

I figured that I could then record the iPad footage, the same way I record videogame footage. My videogame recorder is the Hauppauge PVR. Maybe you've seen me use it for the Zelda Gamecube games or Barbie Detective #1. But for some reason, this doesn't seem to work! I get the machine set up the right way (I think), and all it gets is a blank screen!

Do any of you readers have suggestions as to how I can fix this problem?

The Internet suggests that some HDTVs auto-block video output when there's an HDMI input, as a copyright protection measure. The Internet also suggests that I use a Hauppauge PVR 2, which has HDMI input, but I don't want to drop $150 on a device which more or less does the same thing as the one I already have.

7 comments:

Mary Alvin said...

I got nothing im so sorry

Moonie G said...

Here how you can record your Ipad screen :

http://airmore.com/record-ios-screen.html

I hope this help.

Anonymous said...

Can you connect your ipad to a computer monitor and record off that?

Anonymous said...

maybe this can help

http://www.mirroring360.com/how-it-works

its 15$

Michael Gray said...

It looks like the HDMI port with laptops (I have no computer monitors) are output-only.

Mary Alvin said...

You could try getting a converter with like say hdmi on one side and usb on the other i know frys has alot of variety (dvi to hdmi or usb to hdmi, etc)

Mary Alvin said...

You could try getting a converter with like say hdmi on one side and usb on the other i know frys has alot of variety (dvi to hdmi or usb to hdmi, etc)