Sunday, April 10, 2016

Livestreaming

I tried livestreaming again this week, and it was pretty much a huge failure. Sad. My apologies to everyone who tried to join the livestream events this week.

I think YouTube has two different livestreaming systems. There's YouTube Gaming, which works like Twitch. It requires a livestream program like OBS.

OBS doesn't like games, unless they can be played in a window. To stream fullscreen games, I made a weird set-up, where one program mirrors the game, and OBS streams that program. It's like a stream of a stream, if that makes sense.

Then, there's the Google+ Hangouts system. YouTube threw me into that yesterday, and it confused me, because I hadn't seen it in over a year. It's changed, or at least, it doesn't seem to have my computer's webcam as a default option. It also appears to dislike fullscreen games; Game #1 was shrunk to a small size, while Game #2 was so patchy, only half the people could see what was happening.

I'll try livestreaming again later. Maybe. For now, I need to figure out how to get Google+ to work with livestreaming older games. Probably, I have to play them on my other computer? If not, I need to figure out how to get back to the YouTube Gaming system.