Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Facebook

I'm thinking about starting an Arglefumph Facebook page. Like, an official one. Up until now, I've just been using a Facebook group and friending Arglefans. Is "Arglefans" the correct term?

So, what is an official page? It looks like it's called community pages. I totally didn't know those existed, until just now. Looks like they're on the left sidebar, second from the bottom, and...

...I have 20+ notifications in my pages feed. Seriously, why am I finding out about this just now?

Oh, wait, it looks like I'm already subscribed to a few community pages, like Gemini Laser and Bishop Frank Caggiano. Huh. I thought I was just following people, in those cases. Well, good! I've been using community pages without knowing it for years, now!

So I tried making my own community page on Facebook, and I got stuck immediately. Which of the six categories should I choose?
  • Local business or place
  • Company, Organization or Institution
  • Brand or Product
  • Artist, Band or Public Figure
  • Entertainment
  • Cause or Community
Artist, Band or Public Figure sounds like a good fit, but that also sounds like I'm super full of myself, thinking I'm a big public name. Maybe entertainment. For tax purposes, my YouTube channel is a business, though...

3 comments:

Emily said...

I'd probably go with entertainment. It most easily covers the idea behind the Arglefumph channel. Calling yourself a business implies that you have products available which isn't relevant here.

baby bear said...

Yeah, entertainment. And yes, we are Arglefans... that works!

Anonymous said...

Entertainment is the obvious choice. And for tax purposes, yes, your Youtube channel is a business...just like any other entertainment media outlet business is.