Friday, January 1, 2016

Star Wars

I saw the new Star Wars movie. Some people are complaining it's too similar to the other movies, and you know what that reminds me of? The Legend of Zelda series!

The Zelda games seem to be in the same boat as Star Wars. Each installment tries to be new and different, while at the same time, it tries to do the exact same things as the other installments, since you don't want to stray too far from the successful formula. Sometimes, it works well; I'm sure fans of Link to the Past loved Minish Cap and Link Between Worlds, because of how similar those games are. Sometimes it doesn't work so well, and you get 3-4 Four Swords Adventures games that are hard to tell apart.

The new Star Wars movie has a villain who is very similar to Darth Vader. He dresses in all black and has a mask which changes the sound of his voice. I can see why some people would complain that they're just repeating the villain from the first trilogy, as opposed to creating a new, original villain.

With the GameCube Zelda games, the villain is literally the exact same person from Ocarina of Time. Yeah, both games take place a thousand years after Ocarina, and all the characters have long since been dead. Not the villain, though! He's still alive somehow. I can only imagine the reaction if they did THAT in the new Star Wars movie. "Darth Vader is alive again, so we have to stop him again, by blowing up Death Star #3!"

Actually, I'm not sure I can say much more about how they defeated the villain. How long do I have to wait before I can start talking about the movie publicly, without spoiling it for everyone?

1 comment:

SumoBro Gaming said...

I thought that the movie was very good. I agree on your thinking, as it is similar to Zelda games. It's only been 2 weeks since it came out, so you should probably wait another 2 weeks before talking about spoilers. Or you could also put a giant SPOILER ALERT!!!!!! before the post.