Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Speedrun Time Updates

According to Speed Demos Archive, my timing for my Nancy Drew: Sea of Darkness speedruns is off. I was, like, 13 seconds higher than I should be.

Specifically, I timed my amateur sleuth speedrun at 0:33:51.73. I used Windows Movie Maker to get that time. SDA is telling me that the real time is 0:33:38. Why did I have 13 more seconds? It can't be from loading/saving the game...can it?

With master sleuth, it's the same thing. I had 0:33:50.6, while SDA timed it at 0:33:37. They made me re-upload the files, with an accurate time count at the front of each segment. It wasn't that big of a deal, but it still took up a whole day to re-encode them.

Question: Should I update my YouTube videos, to account for these new times?

4 comments:

Jake Rogers (YouTube) said...

Yes, you should!!!!!

Anonymous said...

No, I don't think you should. I'm pretty sure the timing for the youtube videos is accurate, and if not, I don't think anyone is going to hold it against you, especially since you start the videos by starting the game, that takes up some time too (logo + etc). Doesn't youtube time its videos anyway?

evilclownattack said...

Hey, this is kinda offtopic but speedrun.com has no messaging system so I couldn't reach you there.
Your SCKR and Deadly Device speedruns are verified, but just in the future make sure your new runs are single segment only because speedrun.com generally doesn't allow splicing together different videos. Really nice to finally see some new speedruns!

Michael Gray said...

Awh, but segmented runs are my favs!