Friday, January 8, 2016

Birthday Club Meals

My birthday is January 10th. I'm turning 30 this year. Uh oh.

For my last birthday, I signed up for a bunch of birthday club deals at restaurants. There are only about four restaurants near my house that have birthday club promotions: Baskin Robbins, the Ram, Buffalo Wild Wings, Famous Dave's and Fuddrucker's. And now that I think about it, those are all like 15-20 minutes away from my house, totally not close at all.

I made a point to sign up for the clubs in December, because it usually takes a week to process birthday club membership. I've heard horror stories of people trying to join on their birthday week, only to miss out on birthday freebies.

So the last week of December, most of these places gave me a free coupon, as thanks for being a club member for a full year. Which is awkward, because 1-2 weeks later, they gave me the same free coupon, for my birthday. Lesson learned! If you're joining multiple birthday clubs, you want to spread out the membership registrations! Try to stagger it, so you join one birthday club per month. That way, you get the "one year as a member" coupons spread out, instead of all at once.

No comments: