Thursday, October 29, 2015

Nanowrimo

I kind of want to do Nanowrimo this year. That's a competition-like thing, where the goal is to write a 50,000-word novel during the month of November. So that's...1,667 words per day.

Here's the thing, though. I'm writing a visual novel right now, for a project that is tentatively titled "Cat President". I don't want to put the project aside for a month, to work on a book. Can I use "Cat President" as my writing project? I mean, it's a visual NOVEL, so I say it should count for a novel-writing exercise.

I've already outlined the entire game. It will have six different pathways, and each pathway is ten chapters long.

I don't know how long chapters should be, but five pages seems like a good length. Checking what I've already done so far...I average 350 words per page, usually. Which means I write about 1,750 words per chapter. So if I write one chapter a day, for every single day in November, I'll have the Nanowrimo challenge finished!

But I'll only be halfway through the game. Ten chapters times six characters is sixty chapters. Writing a chapter a day will take two months. Um...uh oh.

No comments: