- The world did not need a hip hop remix of Be Our Guest.
- The adult villains were the most entertaining part.
- Nobody in this movie knows how to lip-sync during songs. Nobody. It's so incredibly obvious they're not really singing, it's embarrassing.
- The moral of the story is that you don't have to be like your parents. Katie commented that this is a reoccurring theme in children's entertainment nowdays. Specifically, you see that lesson get hammered in over and over again, in Ever After High.
- This movie is basically live-action Ever After High. Or a variant of Once Upon a Time. Or one of the many modern/updated fairy tales that have been popular recently.
- The premise is that Jafar's son is super-buff and violent. I found that odd, because I get the sense that Jafar never works out, ever.
- Katie noted that the costumes in the movie were super-unique and different. I agree that they were fancy.
- The sequel fodder at the very end of the movie was super blatant. The movie's getting a sequel, so I guess it worked.
Friday, October 16, 2015
I watched the Disney Descendants movie. Here are my thoughts.