Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Cooking

The new recipe this week was Broccoli-Mushroom Scallop. It's basically cooking mushrooms in butter, then adding milk, flour, and onion powder. My thing of onion powder is all hard and stuck together. Is there a way to fix that? I tried stabbing it with a knife, but no dice.

Once you've got the mushroom mix, you pour it over the broccoli, then cover it with cheese. It basically tastes the way you'd expect: broccoli mixed with cheese and mushrooms. My family didn't like it.

The other recipe I made was enchilada casserole. I've made it three times now, and my family likes it, so I'm adding it to my official cookbook. Katie was surprised that she liked it, even though she's had it twice before. Shows how much faith she has in my cooking! The other repeat recipe I'm doing is sour cream chicken. I keep messing up the cooking time on that. This time, I'll try baking it for 30 minutes. Maybe that is the ideal cooking time.

1 comment:

DMO3M said...

From e-How:

Pour the caked onion powder into a shallow bowl.

Break up the onion powder with a fork. Use a jabbing motion to gently break up the clumps until the dehydrated onion returns to a powder form.

Pour the onion powder back into its original container.

Add six to 10 grains of uncooked white rice to the container to help absorb any moisture that comes into contact with the powder, which will help reduce any future clumping.

Close the lid tightly and store the onion powder in a cool, dry place to prevent future caking.


Read more : http://www.ehow.com/how_8549710_uncake-onion-powder.html