Wednesday, September 2, 2015

New Vlog

There was big news with Pope Francis yesterday. I was going to talk about it here on my blog, but it turns out that the entire thing is kind of a non-story. All he did was write a short letter, which mentions an abortion policy that's been in place since at least the 1980's. The media mistook this for a brand-new policy, and they went wild, because "the Pope changes Catholic Church's rules on abortion" makes for good, clickbait headlines.

So, since there isn't any real news to talk about, here's a vlog! I talk about my YouTube channel and my vague plans for the future. Mainly, my plan is to do walkthroughs for all the games I own, before buying any new games. The huge majority of the views on my channel are for old Nancy Drew walkthroughs, so...I'm super-open to suggestions, as to what I can do that will interest people.



I think the title is a little clickbaity, myself, but Katie preferred it to my original title, "Arglefumph State of the Union Address".

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's your opinion about the delay in the new ND game? No release date has been announced, but rumor seems to suggest the earliest it will come is October of next year.

baby bear said...

Well, it is an address concerning the state of the arglefumph nation. . . lol

Elizabeth Pfeffer said...

Okay I know I've told you this a million times but I really think you should play MCF Return to Ravenhearst and Escape from Ravenhearst. And then Mad Head Games has a game called Dark Realm Ice Princess maybe you can play that one with Mary.

Abby said...

Work at Herinteractive!!

Anonymous said...

Interesting idea here, Michael would you consider wworkig at her interactiv? II'm really curious how you would go about creating the plot for the games

Anonymous said...

maybe play some 3DS games? Can you record videos easily on that? You could play Professor Layton games, jrpg games, there's a lot of random puzzle games on the 3DS - the 3DS is a really saturated market (especially on the eshop) so it would be nice to see someone sort through some of the crap to see what's playable besides the really big name Nintendo titles on it. If you can even record on the 3DS, take a poll to see which series or games would be most popular for 3DS.
Also, if you have a Win XP, that should play most of the computer games from the 90's. Maybe play some adventure and puzzle games (Full Throttle, LucasArts games, lesser known Humonguous Entertainment games, Broderbund stuff, etc.) Was the Vampire Diaries floppy disc based? Definitely don't sell it, there's still a small chance you could get it to run or find a machine for it someday.
Also, since we can't have a Nancy Drew game this Halloween, maybe do a livestream over a few days of the spooky Nancy Drew games, or ones people think are the most popular. It would be like the Scary Marathon you did a while back, but livestreaming it would make it a slightly new idea.
Best of luck to you in whatever you decide!

Anonymous said...

Michael, do you know when you will be playing Barbie Detective and when, approximately, your walkthrough should be up? I'm so excited for it!

Anonymous said...

I would love to see you have individual reviews for all the Nancy Drew Games. On YouTube.

Abigail Brandenburg said...

Michael never stop doing videos!!!!! The Barbie game looks epic, can not wait! Just keep playing people will watch!!!