Thursday, September 17, 2015

Castle Malloy Speedrun, 2

In the opening conversation with Kyler, Nancy has two options. "Why did that man...?" and "So you're here by yourself now?". Here are all the conversations that ensue at this point in the game...

  • Nancy: Why did that man...?
  • Kyler: That was the caretaker...
  • Kyler: Not Donald, mind you...
  • Nancy: Proud of his heritage, huh?
  • Kyler: Indeed. Which would be...
  • Kyler: When it comes to...
    • Nancy: You sure the wedding...?
      • Kyler: I'm telling you, he'll show. You see...
      • Kyler: Sometimes I hear him...
      • Kyler: Of course, I remember well...
      • Kyler: Find him, Nancy...
    • Nancy: Do you have any idea...?
      • No, but I know he didn't go far...
      • Sometimes I hear him...
      • Of course, I remember well...
      • Find him, Nancy...

  • Nancy: So you're by yourself now?
  • Kyler: Actually, Matt's best friend...
    • Nancy: When did he arrive?
      • Kyler: We all came out together.
      • Kyler: And then, of course...
      • Kyler: Not Donald, mind you...
      • Nancy: Proud of his heritage, huh?
      • Kyler: Indeed. Which would be...
      • Kyler: When it comes to...
        • Nancy: You sure the wedding...?
          • Kyler: I'm telling you, he'll show. You see...
          • Kyler: Sometimes I hear him...
          • Kyler: Of course, I remember well...
          • Kyler: Find him, Nancy...
        • Nancy: Do you have any idea...?
          • Kyler: No, but I know he didn't go far...
          • Kyler: Sometimes I hear him...
          • Kyler: Of course, I remember well...
          • Kyler: Find him, Nancy...
    • Nancy: Is he from London, too?
      • Kyler: He lives in London now...
        • Kyler: Not Donald, mind you...
        • Nancy: Proud of his heritage, huh?
        • Kyler: Indeed. Which would be...
        • Kyler: When it comes to...
          • Nancy: You sure the wedding...?
            • Kyler: I'm telling you, he'll show. You see...
            • Kyler: Sometimes I hear him...
            • Kyler: Of course, I remember well...
            • Kyler: Find him, Nancy...
          • Nancy: Do you have any idea...?
            • Kyler: No, but I know he didn't go far...
            • Kyler: Sometimes I hear him...
            • Kyler: Of course, I remember well...
            • Kyler: Find him, Nancy...
That's a pretty big list, but I think it's clear that the first option is the shorter one. That goes straight to the conversation about Donal, while skipping the optional conversation about Kit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay, another speedrun! I have a question--are there certain Nancy Drew games you specifically choose not to speedrun? I think that Secret of the Old Clock has speedrun potential, though I haven't tried it yet. I'd also love to see ones for Phantom of Venice and Danger by Design, although those ones are probably harder to do.

Also, I've been trying to speedrun White Wolf of Icicle Creek, but what's really messing me up is the cooking--I always *cough cough* "forget" to do it, getting an angry call from Chantal that makes the game jump to dinnertime, and you can't go outside or talk to most of the characters after that point in the day. Any advice?