Saturday, September 19, 2015

Bailey School Kids Super Special #1

Mary and I read Bailey School Kids Super Special #1: Mrs. Jeepers is Missing yesterday.

I've complained a lot about super specials in the past. My ideal Super Special is a double-length book, like Animorphs or Rainbow Magic Fairies. A Super Special can have a different/fancy premise from the regular series, but it's not necessary.

With the Bailey School Kids Super Special, the story was shorter than the average book in the series. But it's still advertised as being extra-long, because they packed forty pages of fluff at the end.

What kind of fluff? A picture of every book in the series, with a description. Puzzles, like "match the character name to the picture" and "match the character name to the picture". (Yes, they did the same basic puzzle, twice in a row.) They also had jokes and recipes, which were actually pretty good, no complaints about those.

I've stopped reviewing the Bailey School Kids books on my blog, but I just wanted to take a moment to complain about the shorter-than-normal book being touted as an extra-long book.

2 comments:

Katie Nelson said...

Lol, this post is just waiting for this to happen. #ComplainMoment XD.

Anonymous said...

I think that so nice that you read books with Marry. When I was a kid I love when my mom would take the time to read with me.Here are some of the books I like to read as a kid. Sideways Stories from Wayside School, Wayside School is Falling Down, and Wayside School Gets a Little Stranger, and Nancy Drew.