Thursday, August 20, 2015

Three Things Thursday - Marathon Changes

I had to make several changes to the marathon schedule. Here are three of them.

Book of Legends won't record without graphical issues. The game is just too old. I'd have to record it on my Windows 7 computer, which wouldn't be the worst thing ever, but I'm too lazy to set that up. So I replaced it with Nancy Drew: The Model Mysteries for the DS.

Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull doesn't work with Fraps. Again, I'd have to record on my older computer. I tried, but the first half hour of the game ended up being twenty minutes of hidden objects challenge FAILURE. So I decided to replace this run with NightFall: An Edgar Allen Poe Mystery. That's a freemium game which I played for about an hour and a half, before running into the "pay us money or wait several hours" wall.

[Edit: I figured out how to record MCF 13th Skull, with one of those Twitch programs. We'll see if the quality is any good.]

There were graphical issues with Drawn: Trail of Shadows. The game just outright crashes for me, after you draw the first picture. So my walkthrough ended up being 15 minutes long. Instead of replacing it with something else, I decided to keep it as is. After all, three people requested it. Also, I'm lazy.

5 comments:

Elizabeth Pfeffer said...

Aww that stinks I really wanted to see MCF 13 skull oh well I'm sorry it doesn't work with fraps. SNOTS! What about trying MCF Escape from Ravenhearst?

Anonymous said...

If you can't do 13th Skull, you should try out the beta demo of Key to Ravenhearst. It is the next game and the link to get it is on Wikipedia. It says Key to Ravenhearst Survey but is the demo. The "Trial" version gives you it for free. It is really cool! You should try it out!

Elizabeth Pfeffer said...

That would be cool yes you should try the beta demo of Key to Ravenhearst here's the link Play The Beta for MCF Key To Ravenhearst: www.bigfishgames.com/games/14012/mystery-case-files-key-to-ravenhearst-survey/?pc

Anonymous said...

Michael? Do you do anything besides play games? Time to grow up and get a job sir.

Erin Compani said...

What made you do 13th skull? I Was disappointed when you said you weren't doing it, but then yesterday it appeared! I was so happy! You should consider the beta demo or the bonus content for the other MCF Games! There is a lot of bonus games in Fates Carnival!