Sunday, August 30, 2015

Livestream Update

I did a livestream of Nancy Drew: Sea of Darkness yesterday. It was fun, and we did a neat Q and A session.

I said that YouTube is punishing me for a copyright strike, by not letting me schedule livestreams in advance. They also won't let me make cards. Well...it turns out that I have a THIRD punishment! Namely, my livestreams aren't saved on YouTube.

YouTube tried to save the video of the stream, but it rejected the video for being over 15 minutes long.

I have a few options now. I can stop streaming until October / November, or I can try a workaround for saving my streams. The workaround would not save the live comments, sadly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No live comments isn't a loss. I always turn off the live comments when I watch you play live; they're too distracting.

Anonymous said...

I missed out on that live streaming, when do you think you will be able to make another?

Anonymous said...

You have a Twitch account right? Maybe as a side youtube video you could announce when you're going live on twitch and leave a link that way you can get your YouTube audience to tune in and have the live chat. I've seen a few youtubers do it that way and it seems to work.