Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Burger Week Plan

I need to plan for Burger Week! Let me just go over the list of places and see which ones look interesting.
  • Rialto's Steakhouse Burger looks good! I'm a sucker for anything that has bleu cheese. But they're downtown, where you have to pay for parking.
  • Club 21 looked interesting, but I don't think I can take my six-year-old stepdaughter.
  • On a side note, why do so many burgers have guacamole this year? These are not burritos. Also, fried onions. I don't like fried onions on burgers. I guess that will help me single out
  • Triple Nickel has a big burger, with fondue-style cheese. Yes.
  • Alameda Brewhouse looks like they took my advice from yesterday! It's a normal burger. Well, the difference is that it has two smaller patties, to make a 3/8 pound burger. I'll still take it!
  • Star's Bar has more bleu cheese. Yes. But it opens at 4:00 PM, which is outside of my time window. I have to be at home, making dinner at 5:00.
  • Pause Kitchen and Bar also has a steakhouse burger which seems okay. I'm not usually a fan of peppers, though.
  • Doug Fir is one of my favorite places, but again with peppers. Are spicy burgers popular?
  • Bar Bar seems to be extra cheesy. You know, reading these burger descriptions, I can tell that the writer and I disagree on the value of lettuce and tomato on burgers. I think they're mostly filler; if I wanted a huge amount of lettuce with my food, I'd order a salad.
  • All Way has more bleu cheese! But onions. Oh...man, this is a tough call...
  • Burnside Brewing has a huge burger. Good.
  • Knock Back has a lot of ingredients that I can't pronounce. Uh oh.
  • Foster Burger has nice stuff normally, but it's in a really bad part of town. There are two strip clubs on the same street here, and I can't park there without feeling awful.
  • Spirit of 77 also took my advice from yesterday and is offering their normal house burger, just half off. Nice!
Okay, I think I commented on a third of the burger places. Hmmmm....let me apply the "good for kids" filter on Yelp, since I'll have to bring Mary along.
Well, that cut the list down to, like, three places. All Way, Pause, and Alameda Brewhouse. Bar Bar and Rialto can be okay for kids, if it's the middle of the day and mostly empty (i.e. not filled with drunk people, like bars usually are). Alameda and Bar Bar are the ones that don't require downtown parking, so they are the most likely candidates.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds delicious :D