Friday, June 5, 2015

Mary's Pony Reviews

Mary is not doing her My Little Pony reviews anymore. Basically, I decided that they were cute for a while, but they went on long enough.

The main problem is that she can't remember what happened in an episode. So her reviews are mostly her, trying desperately to remember the storyline. I'm sure she does remember, but she can't articulate her memories. The school system says it's still trying to teach the kids how to summarize things.

It's been about a month since her last review, and no one really noticed the series has ended. So I guess ending it was the right decision.

5 comments:

Elizabeth Pfeffer said...

AwwW I loved Mary's reviews they were awesome. I understand that she had trouble remembering the episodes but I still enjoyed them very much I'm sad :(

Katie Nelson said...

I noticed they were gone!!!! Trust me, they were awesome!!!!!! :p!! I of all people though know it can be hard summarizing. I know I'm terrible at writing. I do hope that we'll be able to see more Mary sometime :).

Katie said...

Summarizing takes a lot of practice, so it's actually great for her to be doing this. It will take time and effort, but the practice will eventually pay off. However, at her age, I wouldn't push it if she's not enjoying it. If she is, you're doing a little homeschooling by having her learn a skill at home while having fun!

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

Learning how to compose verbally is also a great way to teach people to write, so these are skills that would be invaluable to her in school if she continues to make the videos.