Friday, May 15, 2015

Wedding Songs

Okay, I tried filling out the wedding DJ form. A number of our songs are not on their song list. Those would be...
  • The Fratellis: Chelsea Dagger
  • The Police: Every Little Thing She Does is Magic
  • The Doobie Brothers: Listen to the Music
  • Macklemore and Ryan Lewis: Can't Hold Us
  • Van Morrison: Wild Night
  • The Human League: Don't You Want Me
  • Mark Ronson: Uptown Funk
  • Nick Jonas: Jealous
  • Calloway: I Wanna Be Rich
  • Run-DMC: It's Tricky
  • Billy Preston: Outta-Space
  • Tears for Fears: Everybody Wants to Rule the World
  • REO Speedwagon: Take It On the Run
  • Bananarama: Venus
  • Van Halen: Jump
  • Nena: 99 Luft Balloons
  • Men Without Hats: Safety Dance
  • Survivor: Eye of the Tiger
  • Simple Minds: Don't You Forget About Me
  • Fleetwood Mac: Don't Stop
  • Fine Young Cannibals: She Drives Me Crazy
  • Naked Eyes: Always Something There to Remind Me
  • Queen: We Will Rock You (Fast)
  • The Police Don't Stand So Close to Me
  • Tom Cochrane: Life Is A Highway
  • Sister Hazel: All For You
  • They Might Be Giants: Man, It's So Loud In Here
They have fourteen spots for "list any extra songs you want". Which means we have to cut this list down in half. So help us out! Which of these songs do you enjoy?

10 comments:

Jo said...

Nice playlist Michael! My pick would be:

1.The Doobie Brothers: Listen to the Music
2. The Human League: Don't You Want Me
3. Tears for Fears: Everybody Wants to Rule the World
4. Simple Minds: Don't You Forget About Me
5. Survivor: Eye of the Tiger
6. Simple Minds: Don't You Forget About Me
7. Fleetwood Mac: Don't Stop
8. Fine Young Cannibals: She Drives Me Crazy
9. Queen: We Will Rock You (Fast)
10. The Police Don't Stand So Close to Me
11. REO Speedwagon: Take It On the Run
12. The Police: Every Little Thing She Does is Magic
13. Van Halen: Jump
14. Run-DMC: It's Tricky

All the best with the rest of the preparations!

Abby said...

I love Macklemore And Ryan: Can't Hold Us, and I love Survivor: Eye Of The Tiger...but I haven't really heard the rest of these...great selection, though!!

Anonymous said...

Just throwing this out there: The Police Don't Stand So Close to Me is about a teacher getting turned on by his teenage students.

So...it might be ok to skip that one. ;-)

Anonymous said...

•The Doobie Brothers: Listen to the Music
•Van Morrison: Wild Night
•The Human League: Don't You Want Me
•Billy Preston: Outta-Space
•Tears for Fears: Everybody Wants to Rule the World
•REO Speedwagon: Take It On the Run
•Bananarama: Venus
•Van Halen: Jump
•Survivor: Eye of the Tiger
•Simple Minds: Don't You Forget About Me
•Fleetwood Mac: Don't Stop
•Fine Young Cannibals: She Drives Me Crazy
•Naked Eyes: Always Something There to Remind Me
•The Police Don't Stand So Close to Me
Sounds good!!

Juliette said...

I do quite like your list. Here are some of my favorites of the ones you chose:
The Human League: Don't You Want Me
Tears for Fears: Everybody Wants to Rule the World
Nena: 99 Luft Balloons
Survivor: Eye of the Tiger
Simple Minds: Don't You Forget About Me
Fleetwood Mac: Don't Stop
Naked Eyes: Always Something There to Remind Me
Queen: We Will Rock You (Fast)
The Police: Don't Stand So Close to Me

What can I say? I like classics. I'd also add a few choices of my own, such as:

Elvis Presley: Can't Help Falling in Love With You
Etta James: At Last
Archies: Sugar Sugar
Hall & Oates: You Make My Dreams Come True
Michael Jackson: The Way You Make Me Feel
The Temptations: My Girl

and many, many others. :)

egg said...

It is absolutely not a wedding unless Love Shack plays at least once. Make sure that you play Love Shack.

Justice said...

I don't know half of these songs, so I'm not qualified to make a full list recommendation, but I just want to say:

Men Without Hats -- Safety Dance

I'm surprised no one else has mentioned it. Then again, not everyone grew up with parents who exposed them to a lot of 80s music... :)

Richard C. Lambert said...

I love Macklemore And Ryan: Can't Hold Us, and I love Survivor: Eye Of The Tiger...but I haven't really heard the rest of these...great selection, though!!
mother son wedding songs

Elizabeth J. Neal said...

I was married in 1980 and it was o.k. until late 1998, legally ending 2005. Here is my wedding song, father daughter wedding dance songs

Jennifer Lopez said...

I don’t waste my free time that’s why I read the informative things when I got this blog I really enjoyed reading this.groom mother dance songs