Friday, April 10, 2015

Wedding Songs

For the past four months or so, I've been keeping track of songs, for the wedding reception. Basically, whenever a good song came on the radio, I had my phone run the "tell me what song this is" program, and I took a screenshot of the song name/artist. Here's the list so far!
  1. LMFAO: Party Rock Anthem
  2. Macklemore and Ryan Lewis: Can't Hold Us
  3. Darude: Sandstorm
  4. Earth, Wind and Fire: September
  5. The Police: Every Little Thing She Does is Magic
  6. Billy Idol: Mony, Mony
  7. The Doobie Brothers: Listen to the Music
  8. Ace of Base: The Sign
  9. Van Morrison: Wild Night
  10. Elvis Presley: ??? [I've been told we need at least one Elvis song, but I don't know any Elvis songs that would be appropriate. Does he have any slow songs?]
  11. The Human League: Don't You Want Me
  12. Mark Ronson: Uptown Funk
  13. Nick Jonas: Jealous
  14. Calloway: I Wanna Be Rich
  15. Run-DMC: It's Tricky
  16. Billy Preston: Outta-Space
  17. Tears for Fears: Everybody Wants to Rule the World
  18. REO Speedwagon: Take It On the Run
  19. Bananarama: Venus
  20. Van Halen: Jump
  21. Nena: 99 Luft Balloons
  22. Kool and the Gang: Celebration
  23. Men Without Hats: Safety Dance
  24. Survivor: Eye of the Tiger
  25. Madonna: Holiday
  26. Simple Minds: Don't You Forget About Me
  27. Journey: Don't Stop Believing
  28. Fleetwood Make: Don't Stop
  29. Fine Young Cannibals: She Drives Me Crazy
  30. The Eagles: Hotel California
  31. Naked Eyes: Always Something There to Remind Me
  32. Joan Jett and the Blackheats: I Love Rock n Roll
  33. Bee Gees: Stayin' Alive
  34. Santanna: Smooth
  35. Rick Springfield: Jessie's Girl
  36. The Black Eyed Peas: I Gotta Feeling
  37. Queen: We Will Rock You (Fast)
  38. The Police Don't Stand So Close to Me
  39. Tom Cochrane: Life Is A Highway
Keep in mind, this is unofficial. I don't know what the list will look like, after Katie (and my mom) do some editing. Also, I need to go through my music collection and add songs, like Hanson's Mmmbop and probably fifteen They Might Be Giants songs.

5 comments:

Emily said...

I think the Elvis song that's usually used at weddings is "I can't help falling in love with you." You'll probably recognize it when you hear it.

I've got to say, your list is awesome. The songs you pick sound like a lot of fun, even if people don't feel like dancing. You might want to think about adding a few more slow songs though, because usually older people only want to dance to the slow stuff.

Abby said...

You should check out Reliant K. They have some nice songs. I haven't listened to the more recent album, but the other ones I think you would like.

Try "Must Have Done Something Right" and "Savannah" and "You'll Always Be My Best Friend" and (you could listen to but i don't know if you'd use it) "Bee Your Man". The latter is kind of funny, but you might not want to put it on your playlist.

Allison said...

Those sound like great selections!

For Elvis, I would recommend his cover od "Unchained Melody," which was originally popularized by the Righteous Brothers. (Their version is also lovely.) I don't know if there is an official studio recording of Elvis's version, but there is a video of it floating around YouTube of an impromptu performance of his. Apparently, it wasn't part of his usual set, so it's a bit different and might pleasantly surprise any Elvis fans who will be in attendance. :)

Best of luck to you and Katie!!!

Anonymous said...

The YMCA is always a fun warm up song to get dancing to!

Richard C. Lambert said...

For the past four months or so, I've been keeping track of songs, for the wedding reception. Basically, whenever a good song came on the radio, I had my phone run the "tell me what song this is" program, and I took a screenshot of the song name/artist. Here's the list so far! mother of the groom songs