Sunday, April 5, 2015

Speedruns

Great news, everyone! My Nancy Drew speedruns finally made it onto Speed Demos Archive! What a nice Easter surprise!

I'm not working on any speedruns right now, but I know which games I'd like to speedrun, eventually.
  • The Final Scene: I got some (three) tips on how to improve my last speedrun for the game. With them, I think it's possible to beat the game in under 30 minutes.
  • Alibi in Ashes: I got two tips on how to improve my last speedrun for the game. One is "skip the audio puzzle in Brenda's van". Another is "never use George for anything", which might be a timesaver.
  • Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon: I already plotted out a speedrun for the first half of the game, which maximizes the route. Normally, when you play the game, you have to go back and forth, through the train, a couple of times. My route has Nancy take care of everything in one trip.
  • The Captive Curse: I have the official strategy guide now, which should help me defeat this game. The dumb monster never shows up when I want it to, which destroys the speedrun. Maybe the monster appearances deal with real-life time? (See next)
  • Creature of Kapu Cave: I'm 90% sure that the seashells on the beach appear, based on real life time. As in, wait five minutes of real time, and you get a new set of seashells on the beach. I want to figure out a way to manipulate this, perhaps by breaking the run up into segments, so I can trigger the "get Ulua bait early" glitch. The game also has a "get to Kapu Cave early" glitch, which could be useful!
  • Secrets Can Kill Remastered: I want to get the official strategy guide someday, and see if there is a faster way through the game. The route I came up with gives me the "Q" award. I suspect that it's possible to beat the game, without getting that award.

5 comments:

lence said...

Blue Moon Canyon - one trip!!! wow

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter Michael! He is risen!

Abby said...

Happy Easter! God bless you!

Katie Nelson said...

Dear Michael,
Happy Easter!!!!! Also, that's really cool that your speedruns finally got put up!!! Love, Katie-Nancy Drew
P.S. Everything in 1 trip for Blue Moon Canyon??? That's amazing!!!!
P.S.S. CAP was the first game I got on my laptop so I've played it quite a few times. I haven't played it in a little bit, but I'm highly sure that one of the monster attacks is triggered by SEEING Renate with the clocks. Basically meaning don't see Renate - don't see the monster. And trust me, when I used to play the game at night, the monster alerts would scare me lol, that's why I would try to hold off monster attacks until I had nothing but that that I could do.
P.S.S.S. Lol sorry, I know that last P.S. was long... :p

Anonymous said...

God is risen and he loves us!

Also, my jaw dropped at the idea of beating Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon in one trip.