Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Fire Emblem Gaiden

My walkthrough this week is Fire Emblem Gaiden! This game is my favorite in the series; it does unique things that others games don't, such as repeatable battles, weapons that never wear out, and a magic system that's based on HP, not magic points.



A few big Fire Emblem fans have started watching the videos, and they've been making comments like "a healing space boosts evasion by 60%". I kind of wish there was a database, which explained all these things. I've checked Serenes Forest, but, um...I don't understand all the terminology they use. For example, they say the experience you get from killing an enemy is "min ({Enemy’s Class EXP x (Enemy’s Level + 9)/10)}, 255) x Class strength x Level Factor/100 [ignore fractions]". I...I have no idea what that means.

The translation I have is garbage, so I've been forced to make up the story, as I go along. Now the game is about the great American / Canadian War of 1997!