Wednesday, March 18, 2015

M-Rated Games

Sometimes I get asked if I ever play M-rated games. I do, but not often. The ones I've played are these:
  • Zero Escape series
  • Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
  • Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
  • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies

Mainly, my criteria for a good M-rated game is "Would this game be fun, if all the M-rated content was removed? Or is the M-rated stuff a distraction, so you don't realize the game is awful?". I prefer to play good games, regardless of content.

Tomb Raider 2013 is probably the next M-rated game I'll play, although keep forgetting to buy it. That kind of makes it hard for me to play. Maybe I'll do Assassin's Creed instead.

I'm told that Americans in general are fine with excessive blood and violence, but they don't like nudity and sex. That seems to be the trend I'm following with my M-rated game purchases.

I bring this up, because I've been warned that Sherlock Holmes VS Jack the Ripper is filled with blood and boobs. So either I'll start the walkthrough with a warning/disclaimer about mature content, or I'll get grossed out and decide not to play it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Michael, if you enjoy the Assassin's Creed games, then maybe you'll reconsider your opinion on the Portal series? Trust me, there is no fighting with guns involved.

Katie Nelson said...

Dear Michael,
8O. Tomb Raider?!?! Assassin's Creed?!?!?! I'd have never thought you'd have even mentioned any of those. Literally, 8O is my face right now. Love, Katie-Nancy Drew
P.S. Yes, Nancy Drew style again :p

Anonymous said...

I'm absolutely for the Assassin's Creed!