Monday, March 9, 2015

Bravely Default: Flying Fairy

I was going to play the demo of Bravely Default: Flying Fairy, for April Fools Day. The joke is that I think the game is the sequel to Wall Street Kid, and so I describe everything in terms of finance. Basically, it would have been a continuation of this joke video I made, when it was a Japan-exclusive game.



I got about 60% through the demo, in an hour. Things came to an end, when the game threw a magic boss at me. There's no real way to beat the boss, besides for having magic characters cast spells. And since I had a party made up of nothing but ninja warriors, I was stuck. No choice but to switch some characters to mages, then grind for a long time, until they can cast Level 2 or Level 3 magic.

Oh, well, the game was still pretty fun. It reminded me of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, which is more or less the only Final Fantasy game I've enjoyed. Maybe I'll play the full game, someday. I still need to get through Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, which has been the only game in my 3DS for at least four months now.

1 comment:

Abby said...

You should play Life is Strange. It's a computer game. It came out sometime this year, I believe. You might like it. I watched Jacksepticeye play it, and I'm in love with it. Try it!