Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Wedding Reception - DJ

Right now, Mom is super gung-ho about having a dance floor and a DJ at the wedding reception. To be honest, I'm not very interested in that. I'm really terrible when it comes to dancing! Really, the only type of dance I'm halfway decent at is Irish step dancing, probably because it's very structured. As for dances where you don't count all the steps in your head...I look like this:



My younger sister has volunteered to be the DJ at the wedding reception. Her friend has also volunteered. I'm hesitant to accept the offer, because my sister and I have totally different tastes in music.

For the past several months, I've been listening to the radio on my phone. When a good song comes on, I take a screenshot of the radio app, so I know the song name and the singer. I have something like thirty songs at this point. Eventually, my fiancée Katie and I will go through the song list, and make a semi-official list of songs for the wedding reception. No matter who the DJ is, they can't screw up if all the songs are picked in advance, right?

On a secondary note, Mom says a DJ is super-important, because they introduce the wedding party. Does she have DJ confused with MC? Do we really need an MC for a post-wedding dinner?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Usually your DJ acts as your MC throughout the night. They'll announce the wedding party, when you're going to cut the cake or other stuff like that.

I feel like usually at weddings the guests are dancing while the bride and groom walk around and visit with everyone so no one feels ignored, so you probably don't have to worry too much about having to get out on the dance floor yourself anyway.

Abby said...

You're really good at lip-syncing though! Haha!!

Izzy Narnia said...

This should go viral!! :D

Anonymous said...

These are some sick dancing skills right here. ;P

lence said...

the twirlllll....awesome!

Anonymous said...

I AM NOW TOTALLY BORED WITH YOUR WEDDING PLANS MICHAEL. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Anonymous said...

Awww, how sad. You're bored. Looks like you get to come mop my kitchen, now! http://tinyurl.com/mo47u6p

Anonymous said...

Nice dance moves Michael! it doesn't matter if you're bad dancer all that matters is having fun at your wedding reception with your guests.

Strange Party said...

We visited many other venues and weren't completely happy. Most places lacked of the choices for table/chair covers to go with our theme and lack of lighting variations. I decided to pull the trigger on San Diego Wedding venues because they offer many things that we wanted.