Thursday, February 19, 2015

Games I Want To Make

I would love to make videogames for a living, if it wasn't so much work! I'd settle for "if I didn't have to do all the art myself", but I'm told that's setting the bar too high. Anyway, here are some games I want to make.

1. A Greek mythology game. It'd be great to have an adventure game, where you play as the Greek gods. In addition to traditional actions like "pick up item", you could have godly actions like "hurl thunderbolt at mortals". I'd play a game like that!
Alternately, I could go the educational route, and make a game that tells the basic Greek myths, which occasional, simple puzzles. Something like The Adventures of Hercules, where you play through all twelve of his big adventures.

2. Pluto's Quest to Be a Planet. I thought up this title, but I have no idea what it'd be like.

3. A fantasy football game, done in the style of Sakura Wars. I think this may be one of those ideas that sounds great in my head, but wouldn't be very great in real life.

4 comments:

Mike said...

It's not exactly what you're talking about, but if you want to play with Greek gods, you should check out Tradewinds: Odyssey.

Anonymous said...

a

Anonymous said...

I don't know if you're aware of this already, but it seems useful.

I recently found out that a year and a half ago, the Internet Archive came out with a collection of older games (like Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade-1989), which you can play directly in your browser.

I thought this might help because you sometimes do walkthroughs of older games, but not all the older games you want to play might work on your computer system.

The collection of games can be found at https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos_games/v2.

The article which alerted me to this can be found at:
https://medium.com/message/never-trust-a-corporation-to-do-a-librarys-job-f58db4673351.

Sorry if this is a little long.
-Jo

Arinetta said...

I'm the complete opposite. I make the art, graphics, and sound, and my two friends code everything together. I feel utterly useless because I can't code. I'd probably start writing a story where I'm supposed to be writing lines of code. :(