Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Speedrun Status Update

I've done some speedruns that have been submitted to Speed Demos Archive.

Nancy Drew: The Deadly Device. Speedrun completed 9/9/14, accepted 11/11/14.
Nancy Drew: Labyrinth of Lies. Speedrun completed 11/6/14 accepted 12/13/14.
Nancy Drew: Message in a Haunted Mansion. Speedrun completed 1/8/15. Submission pending.

For the record, I have no idea what I'm supposed to do, after my speedrun is accepted. I think that nothing is required of me. I just sit and wait for them to get around to processing it. There is a "remaining checklist" for each run, and with the first two, the checklist looks like this:

Prepublish
Postverification
Prerelease Check

How long should I wait, before trying to contact someone? I don't want to be the jerk who complains that the unpaid volunteers are way too slow. On the other hand, I still have all the original files saved on my computer, and getting rid of 144 GB would be pretty nice!

No comments: