Wednesday, January 21, 2015

McKenzie and Co.

For my birthday, I got the first-ever game made by Her Interactive. That's right. I got McKenzie and Co., made in 1995. It's a game about a high school girl, who wants to find a cute prom date.

That is literally the entire storyline. "McKenzie" is the name of the main character's car. She calls it "Marvelous, Cool, Kinetic movement, Ever-lasting friendship, Non-conformist, Zany, Ingenious, and Empowered". I am not making this up.

To my surprise, the seller packaged the game with the sequel/expansion pack. That means I have 8 CDs, for one game. You thought the first Nancy Drew game was bad, with two CDs? This game has EIGHT. How else can they hold all the video files of cute guys?

I think I will play this game in February, because a dating sim is perfect for Valentine's Day. And I'll try to make it interactive! That is, I'll let the viewers pick which cute guy I should be chasing.

(Please note I haven't tried to install the game yet. Since it's so old, it's possible I won't be able to run it on my computer. That would be the worst.)

9 comments:

Paul said...

You actually found it??? This is gonna be awesome.

Anonymous said...

I hope you get it work on the computer! There's one walkthrough online but I didn't really like it but hopfully, you would be great commentaring this game!

Anonymous said...

Wow that is so cool, I hope it works, can't wait to watch it!!! :D :D :D

Katie said...

I just watched the trailer on youtube. Wow. I'm actually looking forward to you playing it. I hope it works on your computer!

Anonymous said...

I hope it works! Already looking forward to it!

Anonymous said...

If the game does not run, install Virtual PC on your computer (it's free) and find, say, a Windows 95 or 98 OS and install that in Virtual PC. With this method, I am play to play Vampire Diaries on my Windows 7 computer and this should work for McKenzie as well.

ThisiswhatSam said...

OOO! Can't wait for the walkthrough!!:))

Anonymous said...

Cold as ice,,,, thats how i tremble lllll

Megan Bartz said...

Can I buy the expansion pack from you??? I have the 5 disc pack, and I would love to have the expansion pack. I can't find it anywhere online. I've had the game since 1995, but never had the expansion pack.