Saturday, December 6, 2014

Nancy Drew Cookbook

My library has a copy of the The Nancy Drew Cookbook, made in 1973. It's actually a 2005 reprint. They rearranged the recipe list and changed the pictures, but other than that, it's basically the same book.

I went through the book with Katie, and we found fourteen recipes which we'll try out. Here's the list. Please ignore the inconsistent capitalization:

  • Hollow Oak Nest Eggs
  • Bess' Ridiculously Unhealthy Chocolate Waffles, with ICE CREAM
  • Ned's potato pancakes
  • Detective Burgers
  • Burt's Pizza
  • Cookout potatoes
  • Cauliflower meatballs ("The Cousin's Special Cauliflower")
  • Jewel Box Easter Eggs
  • English pork chops
  • Hannah's Cheese puffs
  • Bungalow Mystery Salad
  • Dave's Deviled potatoes
  • Crooked Bannister Cornbread
  • Mrs. Fayne's Famous Rice

I figure I will take pictures of the food, and we'll rate each dish out of ten. The overall score will determine the book's score. I already made the Hollow Oak Nest Eggs, which were kind of yucky.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wonder what is in Bungalow Mystery Salad!!