Sunday, November 16, 2014

Nancy Drew Conventions

There's a group called Nancy Drew Sleuths that does a yearly Nancy Drew convention. This year, the convention was in California. And they announced the dates for the events next year!

Iowa City, Iowa - April 30 - May 3, 2015
Toledo, Ohio - May 28 - 31, 2015
Maplewood, New Jersey - June 11-14, 2015

Oh, man, east coast stuff?! I'm not on the east coast. Let me calculate the transportation costs...

Iowa - $360 by plane, $450 by train
Toledo - $837 by plane, $500 by train
Maplewood - $270 by plane, $500 by train

Toledo, WHY ARE YOU SO EXPENSIVE TO FLY TO?! Like, I could take round trips to New Jersey and Iowa, and it'd be cheaper to flying to Toledo. Dang. They must hate my local airport or something.

Well, it'd be cool to go to one of these conventions, but I am having a wedding next year, so...maybe 2016. Unless the sleuth people want to call me a special guest and pay for my fare? *grin*

No comments: