Sunday, September 28, 2014

New Phone

I'm finally able to buy a new phone, one of those fancy phones that connects to the Internet. I'm more or less limited to getting an iPhone, though.

Question 1: What kind of iPhone? 5S, 5C, 6 or 6+? I think those are the only kinds that exist.

Question 2: What is a data plan? What kind should I get?

I think a data plan is a type of scam, where they put an imaginary Internet limit on your phone, and they charge you when you break the limit. They also charge you to increase that limit. It's sort of like Candy Crush, in that regard. Anyway, suggestions as to how large my imaginary limit should be? I'll use my phone's Internet mainly for sending messages, using Google Maps as a replacement GPS, and for those games that require an Internet connection for whatever reason. I won't really be using it to check websites and stuff.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you don't want to have a big phone, then I suggest you take the IPhone 5c. For the data plan, I suggest you take the 1 gigs.

Anonymous said...

I would consider buying a used phone or if your mobile company gives you "upgrades" wait till then. I think the 5S Or 5C would probably be good to start with especially if you don't want a big phone. As for the GB think I GB is sufficient but you have to pay close attention to things like having apps open when you aren't at home because those will jack up your rates. It's a big experiment really it helps to read articles on the web but when it comes down to it only you know what kind of phone you want. Hope this helped!

Meg s said...

I think the 5C will be the cheapest option. Also, make sure when you get your phone to switch off app refresh in the settings or you will easily exceed your data limit. But otherwise 1 GB should be enough

Paul said...

If you're on AT&T (or you can switch to AT&T), you can get older-model iPhones for 99 cents. That's what we've been doing; we just upgraded to the 4s or whatever this year, and it's super behind the times, but also it only cost us a dollar, so.

Anonymous said...

Also, Michael, your phone can connect to your internet at home for free, if you try to connect to the internet whilst out of range of your modem/router thingy, then you'll be using up data.

Anonymous said...

Just get the lowest data plan, like 1 gig, and make sure you use wi-fi instead as much as you can.