Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Monkey Island

Every now and then, someone tells me to play the Monkey Island series. I've tried it out, but to be honest, I don't think it's entertaining. The puzzles don't make any sense, and the jokes aren't funny.

I don't mean "not funny" as in "I understand the joke, but it doesn't amuse me". I mean "not funny" as in "I'm not sure if that was supposed to be a joke, or if it's just a weird line of dialogue".

Here's the playlist of me trying out the first game and not understanding it.

Out of the games I played, the third one was definitely the best. I got all the way through the prologue, mainly because the manual told me how. I probably would have played the game all the way through eventually, but since I got the game from the library, I had to return it. Maybe if they do a remake of the game, I'll look into it.

1 comment:

Paul said...

"the third one was definitely the best"

^^ The first time you've said something about Monkey Island I agree with. I'll take it!!