Saturday, August 23, 2014

Professor Layton 6

I've done walkthroughs for Professor Layton 1-5, but game #6 is giving me trouble. Specifically, Chapter Four is a killer.

Chapter 4 is the main part of the game. It's pretty fun, because it's a series of five self-contained mysteries. The downside is that it takes about 4 to 6 hours to complete.

Here's the kicker. At the end of the chapter, you are given the opportunity to revisit every single location in the game, in order to get new puzzles. Specifically, you can solve puzzles 86-112. My reaction was, "Arrrrgh! I spent six hours on this chapter already! I don't want to go back and solve 40 new puzzles!".

I skipped head to Chapter 5. Guess what? At the start of Chapter 5, you are given the opportunity to revisit every single location in the game, in order to get new puzzles. Specifically, you can solve puzzles 123-141.

In other words, the game wants you to put the storyline on hold, while you solve 40 puzzles. Then, you have a four-minute scene to finish Chapter 4. Then, the game wants you to put the storyline on hold, while you solve 30 puzzles.

I made an executive decision to skip these 70 or so puzzles, in my video walkthrough. I might put them in my text walkthrough, if it turns out that they are not ridiculously difficult. Then again, I might put them in a super-long video, for the three people who enjoy that sort of thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I don't think it would really be necessary to put those in a video walkthrough. Also, are you planning on playing Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright when it comes out on Friday?